Oh yes, you do. You need one of these in your life! I’m talking about a little black shirt dress – if you don’t have one, may I gently suggest you look into them, because I think a little black shirt dress is the most versatile thing in my wardrobe! A little black shirt dress can be worn so many ways, both casually and formally. Here’s a few ideas:
- Sandals and sunnies for quick catch ups.
- Sneakers and a scarf for shopping or taking the kids to the park.
- Statement necklace and heels for dinner out.
- Open over a shirt and jeans as a light jacket.
- Leggings and boots layered with a sleeveless coat for cooler days.
- Over a swimsuit with thongs for the beach.
- Over skinny jeans for a cool winter look.
- Layered under a faux fur vest with ankle boots for Autumn.
- Paired with lace up flats and a big tote for work.
- Statement earrings and skinny strap heels for a girls’ night.
- With a denim jacket and ankle boots for a barbecue.
…and that’s just a start! I’ve had many black shirt dresses before however this one from St Frock certainly hits all the right notes. It’s a flattering length, slightly longer in the back; has edgy batwing sleeves; fold up cuffs; a comfy viscose fabric; hidden button placket for a bit of class and to make it dressier, and a classic self tie around the waist. Today we had Audrey’s four month vaccinations and I wore it chiefly for its easy breastfeeding access, and I also felt like looking a bit more polished. I paired it with some animal print sandals, but you can wear it with any shoe style, really!