If you’re anything like me, most of the lead up to Christmas is focussed on finding and collecting gifts for family members and friends, with the other half of my energy spent on working out how to entertain two small children over the few weeks we are all at home! Usually, my outfit for Christmas day is left to the last moment, but this year I am totally sorted. TICK!
I’ve been a long-term eBay fan, however I must admit I have not spent much time in the eBay stores section. When eBay asked me to find my fave buys to get ready for Christmas I jumped at the chance. I managed to find my entire outfit for less than $100 – a dress, sunnies and sandals all ready for our casual ‘sports day’ family Christmas day.
eBay stores gives you access to hundreds of your favourite brands, with the convenience of eBay ordering, payment and shipping terms. I was able to search some of my fave online stores including Princess Polly, City Beach and Style Tread – but see the full list of stores here.
I searched for a chambray shirt dress, which I found for only $25 on sale at Princess Polly via eBay stores; a pair of sunnies for $20 and a pair of sandals I’d had my eye on for a while for only $21. The dress is perfectly oversized and will be great for indulging at Christmas lunch, but is also very comfortable for a road trip, which is what we will be doing on Christmas morning. It’s also a shirt dress so is practical for breastfeeding. The sandals are super comfy with a very small heel which means I can stand in them all day. The sunglasses are a reflective silver lens so are on trend but will protect my eyes.
My top tips for finding a Christmas day outfit on eBay are:
- Think about what you will be doing Christmas Day, and select an outfit based on that. For example, if you are going to be in the car travelling for at least a part of the day, choose something comfortable for sitting down.
- If you’re going to be enjoying a lot of food and drink – maybe look for something with a loose fit.
- If you’re lucky (!) enough to be in an area of Australia with high humidity, look for natural fabrics like cotton, linen and denim for your outfit.
- Work out a budget before-hand of how much you want to spend, and include postage costs.
- Search the eBay stores section for brands you like, for example search ‘Quay Australia’ if you love the brand of sunglasses.
- Check delivery times – many stores have super fast shipping times and some offer free shipping, however check to ensure it will arrive on time. I always give a few days leeway too.
- Ensure to leave feedback if you’ve enjoyed your shopping experience!
Here’s the outfit I chose – a comfy shirt dress, sandals and sunnies.
Do you shop on eBay? Have you ever shopped via eBay stores?